rhaychagainstthemachine

Monday, May 23, 2005

Letting Go by Gary V

I used to feel the emptiness inside of me
I was not supposed to feel that way
I had everything I needed
But nothing ever made me
What I want to be
The wealth, the name
The lights the fame
Where everything to be

And then one night out of the blue
I heard His name (Jesus)
And so I took that step of faith
And walked into His domain
And I believe that’s what He wants
Every heart to do
When hard may seem the task
One step is all He asks of you

Letting go to know the truth is not so hard to do
It’s the heart that’s got the will to open up for Him to fill
Trust in and believe in Him is all we’ve got to do
It’s just the heart that’s got to move
For Him to show His love that’s been there
Even when we never care
Take hold of His hand
Let go and you’ll understand

Why be afraid for God knows what you’re feeling
But even Him can do a thing if He sees your heart’s not healing
And so you ask what’s going on
You want what’s right and still do wrong
When hard may seem the task
One step is all he asks of you

I guess by now you’ve realized
You can’t be on your own
And all you care and all your grievance
Should be cast upon His throne
Letting go
Just let go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home