rhaychagainstthemachine

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Going 80's

I grew up listening to 80's music. I remember how my brothers kept their Michael Jackson stuff and how they adored the actors from Bagets (Aga, Muhlach, JC Bonnin, Raymond Lauchengco, Herbert Bautista and William Martinez). I even saw them Breakdance. I got into the same rhythm as them. I, on the other hand, worshipped Menudo, Madonna and Cyndi Lauper. I can go with any 80's beat. They tell me up to this day how willing I was to dance to any 80's tune when I was young. The music then I thought was very upbeat and it was easy to get into that kind of groove. They tell me I got a knack for dancing.
I enjoyed the music and up to this very day I still do. As years passed, I tune in to the 80's music over DWTM. When I got my car, I made it a point to listen to DWTM's Friday Magic Madness. And I really turn up the volume when I'm driving alone especially in the morning. I even sing my heart out when i know the song or bob my head. It gets me through the early morning traffic. Mwahahaha! My bestfriend Rowlyn also tunes in to TM on Fridays. We're really bestfriends. Kath, my former student and my regular passenger, couldn't understand when I get upset when she tries to change the station. She said she couldn't relate to the music. She tells me I'm "baduy" and boring. I always tell her to try to listen and appreciate the music. It took a lot of convincing for her to just relax and at least give the music a chance. I even gave her some information about what I know of a particular 80's artist, music, fad or fashion. Thank God there's the play "Footloose" being shown on weekends at the Meralco Theater (which ends na tomorrow. sayang di kame nakanuod! sorry kath). She can somehow get the picture of what the 80's was like.
Just a few hours ago we had our Family Day in school. Most of us really got carried away with the whole atmosphere. We were really into the 80's mood. I definitely enjoyed it along side with my students' cute, and I mean CUTE performance.

I was even able to answer some of the 80's trivia on my seat. Ganun ako kabangis. Mwahahaha! Though there were a few problems, my colleagues and I psyched ourselves that we are going to enjoy ourselves no matter what. This was the music that we grew up with. We were the last performers, after Orange and Lemons take note! Hehehe! And man did we really give our all. Rico Mambo, Footloose, Body Dancer and Just Got Lucky.... The performer in me came out. (I really miss dancing. It's my second best talent next to sleeping.) It tooks months of preparation for this event and I now the organizers really wanted the kids and everyone to have a great time. Ako I really had a grand time. Promise! What better way to end it than having my picture taken with the man from that era...

Yup, Mr. LoveNotes Joe D' Mango! One of our Emcees. Pwede po bang iabot na lang yung letter? Mwahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home