rhaychagainstthemachine

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Now I'm a SME

I'm going on my 10th month at the office! Bilis noh?! My boss just informed me that I was chosen to be a SME or subject matter expert. Who? ME? What's a SME? A SME is a process training assistant. On the fourth week of process training, the trainees start working on live accounts. The SMEs are there to assist the process trainer if there are questions from the trainees or they need assistance in handling an account. It's like sharing what you learned and what you do in production to make the job easier. You also evaluate each trainee's strengths and weaknesses.

Honestly, I'm overwhelmed. I am the first in our batch to be chosen as a SME. To be given such trust that I do know the process enough to be able to share it to new hires is such a huge responsibility. I was not the best in our batch when we finished are process training. In fact I was one of the slow workers. I worked my way to achive my goals up to this very day and I believe I have delivered what was expected of me. When I was a trainee I wanted to be a SME because our SMEs back then were so good. We looked up to them. In our career plan, I mentioned that one of my goals is to be a SME. A few days from now, I'm gonna be one. Now I have to pay forward. I'm scared but I was assured that I was chosen because I met the criteria. Let's just hope I don't screw up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home