rhaychagainstthemachine

Friday, June 29, 2007

Be Gone in 30 Days

Everything is happening so fast. I just submitted my application form last Friday and the past few days, new developments happened. I am overwhelmed with the turn out of events that I sometimes miss out important details on what my employer is sending me.

I read the letter of appointment that they sent me and it states there that my work commences July 29, 2007, A big WHAT?! That's 30 days from now! Does it mean I have to pack my bags and leave ASAP? I haven't conditioned myself that I'm leaving and I'll be gone for 3 years. What now?! I found myself shedding buckets of tears as I kept reading the letter that they sent me. I think I read the letter for more than 10 times because I wanted to be sure. It was really there black and white.

A lot of thoughts started running through my head. I had a lot of worries. What's going to happen to my family that I'll leave behind? Who's going to look after them? What will happen to my relationship with Cholo, Luisa and Eriel? I'd be missing much of their growing up years. What's going to happen to our Sunday bonding? How about my time with my cousins? I'd be missing our get togethers. What about my friends? Will they still be around when I come back? Will our bond remain? What about my present work that I have to finish until July 20? I won't have the chance to have my papers cleared and get my money. Will I have the time to prepare the things that I need? Will I ever be prepared for this?

Everything will change in my life and I'm suddenly scared. Sure I can be independent but it's different when I can have my family and friends close by. But as of now, this huge sacrifice has to be made. I can't think very well. I don't know what and where I should begin with. I have to see all my family and friends and give them each a tight hug. I need them to give me support for this endeavor that I'm going to take.

Guys, can you start hugging me now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home