rhaychagainstthemachine

Thursday, May 10, 2007

When Loveteams Die

Maricel & Wiiliam. Sharon & Gabby. Janno & Manilyn. Marvin & Jolina. Bobby & Angelu. Rico & CLaudine. John & Heart. Forgive me for the similes. I could go on and on with these endless loveteams but where are all these tandems now? They're all gone.

People thought and hoped they'd end up with their first loves. I was one of those too. But due to circumstances, and fate as well, it wasn't for everyone including me. But there are no regrets. I'd like to believe that through the years I had rebuilt my friendship, or at least have a civil relationship, with this person. After all, we were too young then. We were learning along the way and all the mistakes taught us big lessons making us better individuals. I'd like to think that after all the tears and pain, I'm a better person and I know myself more.

What I don't like is that I sometimes come across old acquaintances thinking that I ended up with this person. People ask me how he is or if we had gotten married or whatever. I am so identified with him. I don't know if he is too with me. Maybe because they saw us grow up and witnessed all the drama. But I'm tired of answering such questions. Sometimes they even want the complete story why it ended. It's irrtitating. They follow it up with more questions like if I'm okay, how I recovered, why haven't I gotten married. Wow such nosey people! I did hope that sometimes a simple smile will do. I'm perfectly fine. He got over it before I did and he's happily married. I haven't tied the knot with anyone because I am single and I'm very stern and careful in choosing the right person for me. Our paths haven't met yet but I'm not losing hope. Okay? Does that answer all your questions?

It's been 10 years now since the relationship ended. We got over it and moved on as it should be and you should too. Like in showbiz, we, especially me, don't owe anyone an explanation. Why don't you mind your own lives?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home