rhaychagainstthemachine

Thursday, November 01, 2007

14th Flr Philam LIfe Tower BEDSPACER

One of the adjustments that I had to do with my new work is the schedule. It's a bit complicated but I have to deal with it. Actually I wasn't expecting that it would be this different. That's why I was shocked when I learned about the schedule on the second day of induction.

I knew that coming to work in the wee hours of the morning is going to be a struggle. One thing, I live very far from work. Second, my vicinity is not very safe. But I want to keep this job. So I had to make plans and options.

I considered looking for a place somewhere near the office. In that way, my travel time from the office to the place where I'll be staying will be shorter and I guess much safer as compared to my hometown of San Mateo. This option will also teach me to be independent from my family. Also, I can have my sweet, continuous sleep. To add to that, the mallrat in me will enjoy Glorietta and Greenbelt. Actually, an officemate recommended a place in Makati. I wanted to talk to the house manager so that I can checkout the place but she was always out everytime I call. I had to scrap this option.

After much pondering, I have eventually come to a decision. I'll still come home to San Mateo after work. I can never live in a place where I'll be sharing a bathroom with a lot of people. I can never let go of the comforts that I have in my room. Most of all, I can't miss my Nanay's cooking and all the Goldilocks baons that she buys for me. San ka pa?!

Our work schedule now is from 4am to 12 noon. I get home around 1:30pm and doze to sleep around 3 or 4pm. Then I wake up at around 7:30pm, leave the house at 9pm and be at the Philam Life Tower Building at 10pm. I lie on one of the bunk beds at the sleeping area and wake up at 3:30am to get ready for work.

This has been my routine for about a week and a half now and I can say I have pretty much adapted to it. Imagine four nights in a week I'm there! A certified bedspacer! The sleep I get prior to work is the best. For someone who is fond of sleeping like me, I can totally live with what the bunk beds can offer. The bunk bed that I target every night is at its most strategic spot in the sleeping room - away from too much light and too much noise. And I don't even mind if someone in the room is snoring like a worn-out tractor or the person on top of the bunk bed where I'm at is such a wriggler, I still get my blissful sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home