rhaychagainstthemachine

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Complaints of a Constant Commuter

I used to bring Teepee to the office during the end of the week. This is to give me a break from the hassles of commuting (like traffic, pollution, waiting for the train or bus to arrive, etc.).

I've been a certified commuter since college but having Teepee around the last four years gave me the luxury (naks!) to drive and roam around at my convenience (sometimes at my expense!). But with the weekly gas price hike, bringing Teepee with me to Makati at least once a week is not the wisest idea these days.

I have adjusted to the perils of commuting but of course I get to experience inconveniences once in a while. Commuting can be a big pain in the A.. sometimes. Living in the M vicinity of San Mateo is already a burden since my address is as long as the travel time that I take from San Mateo to Makati. Believe me, I see and experience a lot of things just sitting inside the vehicle. I don't really sleep when I commute (except for the commuting experience that I had with Kath when I was still in St. Paul) that's why I can't help not be affected (and most often that not be irritated) with what I see.

I've discussed horrible commuting experiences with my officemates and we somehow share the same views and opinions (naks parang political!). Here are some of them:

Eksenang jeep at bus:

Mga pasaherong unang nakasakay sa jeep at uupo sa pinakadulo ng jeep. Mag-aantay ng ibang pasahero para lang magpaabot ng bayad.

Yung nagpaabot ng bayad na hindi man lang nagpapasalamat.

Yung antuking pasahero na halos higaan ka na.

Yung nagyoyosi sa jeep. Nakita na ngang kulob yung jeep eh (sayang effort kong maligo noh!). Minsan pa, yung mga nakaupo sa harap at nagyoyosi, syempre pag nagyosi sila at umandar papasok yung usok (minsan yung ash pa) dun sa likod.

Yung pasaherong dumedeadma sa nagpapaabot ng bayad (fine minsan guilty ako dito!).

Yung mga pasaherong ayaw umayos o umusog ng upo. Minsan nakaupo yung bag nila o anak nila (na di naman bayad).

Yung pasaherong walang pakialam na may matamaan o matapakan sya basta lang makupo.

Yung jeep O bus na pacman. Yung tigil ng tigil kahit wala namang pumapara. Di ba papara/kakaway naman yung pasahero kung gustong sumakay?

Yung jeep na halos durugin ang eardrum mo sa lakas ng tugtog.

Yung jeep o bus na nagcucutting-trip kase ikaw na lang pasahero. Obligado kang bumaba at lumipat sa ibang sasakyan.

Yung mga jeep o bus na bumubusina sa harap ng simbahan. Di ba nga may "no blowing of horns" signage sa mga simbahan? Ay baka di na intindihan.

Yung jeep o bus na smoke-belcher.

Yung jeep o bus na akala mo makina ng jet plane ang gamit. Minsan oks yung mabilis pero most of the time hindi kase masakit sa katawan.

Yung jeep o bus na nagsussukli ng mali. Kunware mali bilang ng sukli. Style nyo bulok!


Eksenang MRT/LRT:

Yung mag sumisingit sa pila. Parang mapapatanong ka sa sarili mo na "San nanggaling yun?" eh nauna ka sa pila.

Yung ayaw din umayos ng upo.

Yung train nasisira pag malelate ka na.

Yung majohong katabi mo. Waah breathing through the mouth ka tuloy!

Yung mga pasaherong akala mo sa kanila yung train na kung makapg-usap eh napakalakas.

I know I should just let go of what I see when I commute cause I'm the one who gets stressed. But let's face it, that makes commuting a challenge and makes you tough in the next commuting experience. Don't ya agree?

PS:
Don't you hate seeing commuters carrying their thermo mugs? I have several questions: Don't they have lockers or drawers in their office where they can keep their mugs? Are they too busy to clean their mugs at the office that they'd rather wash it at home (pro may nakikita din ako na mukhang papasok pa lang tas dala nila yung thermo mug nila!)? Are they taking out coffee from their office? Can't they use a bigger bag to put ther mug inside? We'll I'm just concerned. It's difficult to commute when you have both hands, or at least a hand, full. According to my friend, it has become a status symbol for call center agents. If you see one carrying a thermo mug, for sure, taga-call center yun. Ganun?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home