rhaychagainstthemachine

Saturday, April 15, 2006

To Miss or NOT to Miss, That is the Question

I just had some thoughts this afternoon while going through the scorching heat inside my room. Monday hopefully would be the last day I'll go to St. Paul. I should be cleared that day or else I'm going to go crazy. It's not that I dread St. Paul. It's just that I don't want to waste my time, my effort and my gas only to find out that at the end of the day nothing fruitful happened. I know you guys know what I feel. It's frustrating and irritating! Anyways, I don't wanna really cut my ties with St. Paul. After all, five years of my life was spent there. It's such a huge part of me that wherever I'll go, St. Paul will always be part of my resumé and my history. So for today, I'm going to make a list of the things, places and people that i will miss and will definitely NOT miss as I leave St. Paul.

TO MISS:
1. Mavic, Ruth and Joy, my Meteor friends. We've gone a long way from our Meteor Garden kababawans. We've seen through each other's success, loss, failure and triumph. We've had our own share of gossips and intrigues and man, there was a string of those, Almost everyday ata. hehehe! But one thing's for sure. You guys are my truest friends in St. Paul. We may not have talked or hanged out the last few months but we definitely picked up from where we left off and I thank God that my last few days were spent with you. Here's to more intrigues and gossips to come. The greatest bully in St. Paul now signs off. I love you girls!

2. Pia, my ever hardworking partner. I consider her as one of my blessings in St. Paul. With Pia kase, di mo pa sinasabi ginagawa nya na. I know you're going to be great next year. I believe in you. You've been through a lot the past few months and I do hope you get back that smile. Don't stress yourself too much. Life is short, enjoy it!

3. Mrs. Magtrayo, my walking conscience. She tells me bluntly where I did wrong and where I did great. Feedback agad! If I'm bad naku bad talaga. Di siya mahihiyang magsabi na mali ako. I know she does that so that I can improve myself. Bilib din ako sa kanya kase kahit na strict na nanay yan, sobrang mahal na mahal nya mga anak nya. Kahit buhay nya bibigay nya para sa mga anak nya. I'll miss our talk inside my car. I can talk to her about anything. I'll miss her off but funny hirits during critical faculty meetings. She can be the life in a boring party. I'll miss you miss. Di bale you're just a 15-minute drive from my place. Gugulatin na lang kita.

4. Ate Lanie, my angel. Thank God I was seated near her. She has the kindest and purest heart. She never fails to ask me if I'm okay especially when my back is killing me. I can just go to her area and talk, anything and everything under the sun. I can tell her my frustrations without getting any prejudice. She's always there to give advice. I couldn't imagine what could have happened to me in St. Paul if not for the caring that I got from her especially when all the gossips were at its height. She just sat and listened. I love you Ate Lanie. God bless you and your family!

5. Jeje, my true blue assmate. I'm glad that I spent my last few months in St. Paul knowing you. You have a very good heart and your energy is simply contagious. Thank you for listening to me and giving me advice. Thank you for sharing your life with me. It really helps when you're standing inside the MRT and you have Jeje to share your thoughts with. I'll miss the way you laugh. I wish you well. Minsan magtrip tayo, 3x naten gawin north ave to pasay. I love you Je.

7. Lemuel, my talented friend. I never thought that we will be close. Thank God again for the MRT. Thank you for your endless support and sharing your thoughts and frustrations. Thanks for the friendship and sometimes the hugs. Hehehe! Gwapo mo gaga ka!

8. Dece, the bombshell. Another one of my MRT assmates. I never thought we could be close. Whatever issues that we have, forget it. As long as you're happy, then I'm happy too. Wag ko lang malalaman na pinaiyak ka nyan ha. Lastly, Suportahan mo si Ate Kats ha!

6. Ms. Patiño, my first mom. She was my first HTL and she had all the patience to guide me. I can always run to her even if she's no longer my boss. I'm glad that my first refuge in St. paul then was in the loving arms of Ms. Patiño. So far, We never fail to greet each other on our birthdays. This year kaya?

7. Ms. Camacho, the rebel with a cause. She was such a revelation to me. She has gone through a lot but the lady is strong in faith. When I'm down, I just look at Ms. Camacho and look how she lives her life ~ overflowing with God's love. I'll miss her words of wisdom and her little book of quotes (which she manages to collect and keep). I call her My Joyce Jimenez.

8. Sr. Aileen, my fan. hehehe! Lahat ng jokes at hirit ko benta kay Sr. Aileen. Thank God that on my last year she was assigned again in Pasig. You have been very hardworking and yet you still manage to help others especially me. You even share your food with me. I wonder where's that Holy Kettle that you promised. Joke lang po! Thank you for answering all my questions. Thank you for laughing at my jokes. Thank you for always extending your help and checking if I'm still alive with everything on my desk. I hope we can still keep in touch. The jeans, the hair, Lord I offer mty life to you! That's Sr. Aileen for you.

9. Mrs. Fernandez, the spunky woman. She never fails to make me laugh. She also gives me advice. Mrs. Fernandez gives me that push when I'm losing hope. You know what I mean Miss. she's also willing to help anyopne in need. Selfless ang babaeng ito!

10. Sr. Teresita Agana, my booster. Not many people know that I sought help from Sister Teresita. She became like my mother during the times that I was confused. She set everything aside to listen and talk to me and God knows what I could have done that day if I didn't go to her. I'll never forget that. Tough as she appears, she has a very kind heart. I thank her because she believes in me and in what I can do.

11. Ate Tess, my Mega friend. I have this great friendship with Ate Tess. She always helps me with the things I need for the lab. I can joke around with her as if we're really close friends. We also shared some excerpts of our lives. She's very hardworking. Hayaan mo Ate Tess pagdadasal din kita. I'll miss her pancit and sandwich. May utang pa nga ako sa kanya for her birthday.

12. Maaba, chat friend ko nung LAPIS. Maaba di pa tapos yung kwentuhan naten! I like her because she listens and also laughs at my jokes. She also shared her life to me. She also helped me with my aching back through her wonderful massage. Sabi sa yo pwede kang bulag e!

13. Clinic staff for accommodating me every month that I'm not feeling well especially when you had to climb up to the fourth floor.
14. Ate Anna and the Library people

15. Kuya Lito and Kuya Joel. Laging tumutulong tas parateng nakangiti kahit walang reservation ng gamit na hihiramin.

16. Chauvette, Ga, Grace and Zyrille, my playmates in the faculty. They keep me young at heart.

17. Anna's stall and its food. Laging may extra na ulam pag bumibili ako.

18. Bio Lab, my sanctuary. I'd often stay and work there because its really quiet.

19. Multimedia. Malamig na, may internet pa!

20. Yung floor area near my desk. When my desk is full of papers, I sit or lie on the floor to work. Maluwag na, malamig pa!

21. Christmas time at St. Paul.

22. Family day celebrations.

23. Iyakan part sa class retreat.

24. Faculty DEPTHS. Ibalik yan!

25. Mga funny hirits ni Pike.

26. Hanging out with my students. Laughing, singing, eating, bullying each other.

27. NO classes pag may bagyo. I don't have to go to work. Yippee! More sleeping hours.

28. Summer pay kahit walang work.

29. Backstage pass pag may concert sa school.

30. Ate Mel and her sunshine smile. The outreach organizer.

31. Ate TinTin, the lab assistant.

32. Practices during FFC presentation

33. Walang kamatayang Dewberry

NOT TO MISS
1. First period class with matching morning rites.

2. Running down St. paul road from Meralco ave and running up to St. Paul campus and running up again to fourth floor for first period class.

3. Waking up early to beat the traffic.

4. Ang hideous color at cut ng uniforms. Who could forget the SPO1 and mango tart uniforms with matching tablecloth stitching on the collar? Di ba naman talaga!

5. Pag kawindang minsan ni Mrs. Magtrayo.

6. HB ni Sr. Teresita.

7. Office ni Ms. Salgado. I'm sure may reminder na naman ako. But I know it's for my own good. Di ba Ms?

8. Ilang security guard na may favoritism. Yung ibang tao pwede dun magpark ako hinde!

9. Power trip ng ilang tao. Oooopss my lips are sealed!

10. Ang maingay, OA at walang kakwenta-kwentang mga Kwento ni ********. (go figure!)

11. Ang mahabang landas patungo sa Baguio retreat house.

12. Field trip sa Makiling. I've had four, can you blame me?!

13. Presence ng Rugman

14. Being an English teacher when checking quizzes and other written works. Hay kailangan i-correct ang spelling at grammar.

15. Checking

16. SD grading system. Hindi 'to makatarungan!

17. Students' dirty looks.

18. Students not taking their academics seriously. Bahala na nga kayo.

19. Paperwork.

20. Waiting for other teachers to finish para sabay-sabay magawa yung grades. Kawawang mga adviser lalo na pag second year adviser.

21. Angry look at attitude nung isang taga-finance.

22. Long meetings.

23. Cashless ATM pag payday.

24. Ang reply ni Alita na "kay Anna po" or "si Anna po"

25. Mga pa-cute na teachers ng ibang department.

26. Mga intriga at pangjajudge ng mga tao sa ibang tao.

27. Backstabbers at mga choochoo. Makakarma din kayo.

If there's anything that I failed to include, I'll just add next time. Some people may say that what I wrote in the "not to miss list" is a bit offensive. Some may even get hurt. But remember, these are just my thoughts. It's a free country and I am entitled to say or write what I wanted. So Chill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home