rhaychagainstthemachine

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Waaaah Mamimiss Ko!

Thank you! I just received an e-mail from my employer granting my request that my appointment be moved on a later date. He told me that he'll let me know by next week the changes. I'd really spend quality time on my extension.

Just this morning I told Cholo and Lui that I'll be leaving soon. As soon as they hopped in my car, I can't help not to give them the tightest hug. I had to wear my shades because I was trying to hold back my tears. I started telling them about my plans of spending quality time with them and they are so game. We're gonna have fun!

Anyways, while I was driving home I was thinking of people, things and events that I'd miss when I leave. Images of people that I care most about was flashing before me. I had to tell myself that I'm driving and I can't be in an accident because I'm leaving soon. So I drove slower tha usual.

It's different when you just leave a job or relocate in a new home because there's always a way to meet up with old friends. It's different when you're miles away and talking to your loved-ones would mean money. You can't even get their hugs that will assure you that they are there and everything will be alright.

Here's a list of who and what I'd definitely miss:
  • Nanay. I'd miss the times that I talk to her either in my room or in the car. I'd miss the times when I share my frustrations and my problems with her. She listens very well without prejudice. Si Nanay laging nakasuporta. I don't even see a glimpse of sadness in her eyes when I told her that I'm leaving. That's how strong my Nanay is. I'd definitely miss her good cooking.
  • My conversations with Cholo. He is so smart. I'd miss the times when he tries to reason out, the times that I clean his toenails, the times that we talk about games, Ateneo, songs, food, TV shows. I won't get the chance to see his circumcision. I won't be able to give him the heartiest laugh ever when that time comes.
  • Luisa's caring arms. I'd miss the times when we snuggle, when I fix her hair, when I hear her sing and when I see her dance, when she suddenly butts in conversations ang gives out her hirits. I'd miss her kisses. She's probably going to give me more than 7 "mwahs" (which lasts for a week til I see her again on Sundays), it's gonna be hundreds. I won't see her first communion.
  • Eriel. I'd miss my goddaugghter's baptism and first birthday. I won't be able to hear her first words and see her development.
  • Kuya Rei. It is only now that we are getting close. He helps me out in almost anything. It's like all of a sudden we had put our disagreements behind us.
  • Kuya Roy. When he comes home every summer, I'd miss his stories and his jokes.
  • My cousins, my nephews and nieces. Our get-togethers and our love for food and picture-taking. I'd miss our conversations and your sometimes serious advice.
  • Teepee. You have been my companion for almost 3 years. You were with me when I got lost in Mandaluyong and San Juan. You had brought me to my gimmicks. You had heard me sing my heart out. I won't give you up. I'll come back for you and I'd buy you a sister. It's gonna be the latest model by then.
  • Rowlyn, my best friend. We don't spend so much time together but I'd really miss our conversations.
  • Bliss, Sally, GG, Janice, Jen my girl friends since high school. I'd miss our kakikayans and talks about our future.
  • Ellen, my instant gimmick confidante. I'd miss our spur of the moment gimmicks. Though we have not spent much time together lately, I know I won't have anybody who is as game as you.
  • My room. My sanctuary who has seen the real me. All my secrets and my frustrations are confined in this small pink room.
  • Vhal and Tin. The power of three. Our friendship goes beyond work. Thanks for the food trips and the breakfasts.
  • My BFF and long lost relative Frank. You are back but I'm the one leaving. I promise you I'll keep in touch. Don't sleep much. Hahaha!
  • St. Paul Family. I know that even if I left St. Paul I can always go back and feel welcome. I'll miss you Sr. Teresita, Sr. Aileen, Mrs. Magtrayo, Ms. Patino, Ms. Camacho, Mrs. Villanueva.
  • My teammates and RTC. Thanks for the laugh trips.
  • Eating at McDonalds with the company of good friends. Sure there's gonna be a McDonalds there but it's different when you enjoy the food and you have a good time with friends as well.
  • My students. I'd be missing our barkadahan. Advanced happy birthday and Merry Christmas mga mare!
  • Kathoy. I can never have isaw again without you. You will always be a perennial passenger of my car. I'd miss our misadventures.
  • Ruth, Mavic, Joy, Beanne and Armie. Though we are in different worlds now. I treasure talaga our friendship.
  • Therese, my sister. I'd miss the times when you text me and tell me that you miss me. I miss you and I'd be missing you more girl! We have this mutual admiration for each other that we can't help not to boost each other's ego. In short, we are each other's fan.
  • Adi and RIz, my constant breakfast buddies. I'd miss our Saturday breakfast at Mcdo and our endless daldalan.
  • Shopping malls and shopping especially during Sale season.
  • Going to the grocery.
  • Primetime Bida
  • Gary V. His mall shows and concerts.
  • Food strips.
  • Listening to Friday Magic Madness.
  • The Buzz. May TFC kaya dun sa pupuntahan ko?
  • My collection of movies.
  • My cds.
  • My computer.

I hope I can cope very well when I get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home