rhaychagainstthemachine

Friday, May 26, 2006

Amazing Rhaych becomes Questionable

Have you ever considered yourself stupid? Have you ever felt useless? Have you ever thought of just quitting?

All these thoughts are running in my head. I just wanna shout it all out to release my anxiety. But will I ever feel better if I would entertain such thoughts? I don't think so.

It's the fourth day of product training. I can't seem to get it all right. Was it information overload? Was I feeling too conscious about the whole thing? Or was it because I was simply stupid? S-T-U-P-I-D in my face! I've never felt so stupid in my entire life. I wanted to crawl under the ground to hide myself from such an embarrassment. It looked very simple when I observed the others but when it was already my turn, I went blank. Blah! Blah! Blah! To think we've been practicing that all night long. That's why I broke down into tears nearly before my shift ended. I was angry at myself for not learning that fast. I felt so small. I thought it was an easy job. But no, it was both physically and mentally taxing.

Can I just bargain? Can I just dance or discuss photosynthesis and respiration? It's because I know those things very well. Hahaha! Like that is possible?!

Did I make the wrong decision of leaving teaching and starting a new career in something that is so new to me? A world that I've never been into. Such a big plunge on my part! It's like I'm so good in badminton when all of a sudden I wanted to do go swimming when I don't even know how to. But my decision was very firm. I could have opted to transfer to another school but I did not. I wanted change. I wanted growth. I wanted freedom. I wanted challenge. It was no turning back. I have to prove to others and, moreso, to MYSELF that I made the right decision. This is what I chose and I have to live up to that decision.

So after all these tears have dried... When I wake up this afternoon... When I enter the office tonight... I know I'm NOT quitting. I have to learn from my mistakes and I need not be too hard on myself. It's a process that I have to go through and I know I can do it. As The Blonde Bombshell would say, be RESILIENT, be able to bounce back from adversity. I sure will. I'll be smiling in the coming days and soon I'll be saying "Chicken Panis!". After all, I am still THE AMAZING RHAYCH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home