rhaychagainstthemachine

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Back Off, I'm PISSED!

I can't believe what just happened. I was stood up by the people who for some time was insisting that we meet up. I was there! Where were they?

Darn, we've been planning this for so long. I was even sorry because I've been really busy the past weeks and our schedules don't jive. Finally, after much prodding I was able to fix my schedule and decided to see them even for just a few hours.

I was excited. I've been wanting to hand them my late Christmas gifts and see their reactions when they open it. It was a break from work and my weekend routine. I wanted to chat with people outside work and catch up. I wanted to laugh like I used to with them.

I'm not asking you to make me feel important. But with the life that I have now, time is very important. I do treasure the time to rest, to be with my family and to be with my friends. That's why I tried my best to be there.

I was texting you guys to ask if you're already at the meeting place. I got no answer. I called up, but either your phone was turned off or you were not picking up. Okay, maybe you were on your way. I waited for some time, sat there alone. I was worried. Much to my surprise, the person I was calling said that she's home and she just woke up. Sorry, it seemed like I disturbed your sleep. PASENSYA NA HA! Clearly, she wasn't coming. She said that she'll call the others. I told her not to bother because how long am I supposed to wait there by myself.

I know you've got something else to do. I totally understand that. You've been understanding as well with my schedule. But you could have at least bothered to tell me if there were adjustments on the meeting time or you're not gonna show up. Some lame excuse given was it slipped daw her mind because she was busy with a project and slept late. Are we in ancient times? What are cell phones for? Would one text take up an hour?

I'm sorry for my reaction but you should have respected my time. I sacrificed too you know and the least that you could have done was to inform me right ahead if you're going to be late or you're not even going. If you're busy, don't bother insisting that we meet because it just ruins everything. There's nothing we can change and I'm so mad. Would this hurt our friendship? What do you think? You tell me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home