rhaychagainstthemachine

Monday, January 29, 2007

So Happy For You, new Iskas!

The UPCAT results are finally out and just like a high school senior, I am one of those who was so eager to see who passed and who's going to be the future Iskolars ng Bayan. I did it online and I tried so hard to remember the names of my former students so I can check if they made it or not. Most of them as expected were successful examinees. Everytime, I see a familiar name, I utter an exhilarating "Yes!", that my seatmate thinks I'm going nuts. I'm so proud of my students.

Let's face it UPCAT is no ordinary test. It made my brows meet, my stomach churn and my palms sweat like crazy while I took it some time ago. So, don't blame us if we shout to the heavens and rejoice that we passed. Forgive us if we seem so boastful about it. Ang galing namen e! The feeling was extraordinarily amazing! While I was still teaching, I would encourage my students to study in UP when they go to college. Everything you will learn will not just come from the lessons but with the environment itself. I also told them to be very careful because it can be a "dog eat dog world" there. I would occasionally share my experiences as a UP student. The ups and downs of being there - how you tried to study so hard just to pass an exam while your classmate who seldom comes to class simply nails it. I advised them to take their studies seriously but learn to have some fun sometimes. Don't be as lax as I was. You'll have your own adventures and misadventures. For a better understanding of the UP life, click
here.

To those who have e-mailed and texted me that they passed UPCAT, congratulations and thank you! I am so happy for you and overwhelmed that you took time out to share with me the good news. You really didn't have to thank me because I wasn't the who one took the test but you. I wasn't the one who reviewed with you, but you were the one who took the review seriously. If I inspired you to take a science course, bat ko ginawa yun?! Patay kayo hirap nun!!! Seriously, thank you! That makes me feel that I did a good job in teaching you. At least I know that my efforts had paid off. You really did not have to thank me. Give yourselves a pat on the shoulder. Even if I'm away, I'll always be on the sidelines watching and clapping on every achievement you get. These goes to all of my students, to whatever batch you may belong. You've been a great part of me and let's admit it we had FUN, right?!

To those who did not make the UPCAT, so what?! God has greater plans for you. Whether it's UP, Ateneo, UST, La Salle or whatever university, as long as you focus your attention on your academics you'll make it big. Because after 4 years or so, the question is who's gonna have her place under the sun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home