rhaychagainstthemachine

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Will Always Be A Dream

Yesterday we were together. Someone I know saw us and asked who I was with. All of a sudden you put your arms around me and quickly replied, "Hi, I'm her boyfriend". I was lost for words. You kept smiling until the person left us. I asked why you said that and you said "because that's the truth". I was so puzzled because we just went out as friends, at least that's what I remember. You kept insisting that you're my boyfriend and I said you're nuts and to quit joking around. You said you knew all along what I feel for you. I was in shock. You said that you've felt the same way ever since but didn't have the guts to tell me. I couldn't help but cry. You gave me the tightest hug ever and you promised that you'll spend the rest of your life with me.

Then again..... Aaaaack, reality bites, I was just dreaming! I had to get up because I was going to be late for work. But what the heck was that dream all about? Was I thinking of you too much? Or was it brought about by the fact that today is Valentine's day and somehow in the deep recesses of my mind I'd like to spend this day with you? C'mon I'm not into Valentine's Day crap of thing! I don't want to join that kind of frenzy whether I'm in or out of a relationship.

Whether it's Valentine's Day or not, I don't mind if my dream comes into reality. Why? Because what I feel for you has been going on for the longest time. I don't know how, when, what or why. I ask myself that too. I tried to go on and live my life as it is but somehow you keep popping back into my mind and my life all these years. I've denied it continuously. It didn't do me any good. I'm like in high school having a huge crush on someone. Is it really just as simple as having a crush?

It's "something" that's far from happening that's why I tried stopping myself from falling for you. We're friends and that's the most important thing for me. We're not the closest friends but I know that when I turn to you, you'll be there for me and I'll be the same as well. With the occasional meetings last year, I knew I was falling deeply that's why I kept my distance and stayed away. I tried shutting you off my life because I know I'm bound to get hurt if I continue what I feel for you.

Yupyupyup, I've loved you longer than any of your previous relationships and the present one! But I did not act on my feelings because I just can't. I'm so afraid of what I feel. Yeah the toughie in me is a weakling when it comes to matters like this one. My friends have advised me to tell you how I feel so I can get it done and over with. Tell you without expecting anything. How could I expect? You are so into a relationship and I'm not the one to break the two of you up. I can't be that person. It would be nice to be that person you love but sad to say, it ain't me. It can never be me.

You surely have an idea. Wag i-deny. Don't tell a lie. Aminin! Let's just not talk about it. It's nothing important. On top of everything, we're friends and that's the best part.

In the meantime, I'll silently love you and wish you all the best in life. You're one good person and you deserve to be happy. I'm gonna be alright friend! Just let me have you at least in my dreams.

Tulog na ko!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home