rhaychagainstthemachine

Friday, January 04, 2008

2007 Lessons

Another year ushered in and I just suddenly felt a sudden rush of hope. I was looking forward to another chance to start all over again. It's not that I had to wait for the year to end to have a fresh start. It's just that when a new starts, it's also time to start anew and look forward to better days.

2007 taught me a lot of BIG life lessons. As in lessons that changed my life because I got to know myself more especially my weaknesses, which I am still trying to work on and hopefully overcome very soon. I also got to learn from people around me. Their experiences for 2007 had made me realize a lot of things in my life as well.

What 2007 taught me:
  • Sometimes, I lack self-control (be it eating, shopping, matters of the heart).
  • Acknowledge my emotions and process it first before acting on it.
  • Complaining won't get any person anywhere unless you start doing something about it.
  • If the system cannot be changed, it's time for you to make a change in your system (start with yourself). It's probably time to quit as I did in my previous job.
  • I have very patient and understanding friends. During the times that I was troubled, my friends just hang out with me. They respected my space. They never forced me to open up. They were just there to keep me company.
  • Everybody deserves a second chance or even multiple chances.
  • This year taught me how to carefully choose my friends.
  • I am capable of hurting others and hurting myself.
  • I'm not the nicest person in this world but not the most evil. I know I can be nice if I want to.
  • There are relationships worth keeping and relationships that need to be sacrificed due to circumstances.
  • I don't have much luck in getting a job abroad but opportunities still come my way.
  • Constant praying and faith in God can help me go through difficult times.
  • God never stops from showering me with blessings despite all of my shortcomings.
  • In life there should be no regrets, only lessons learned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home