rhaychagainstthemachine

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Passion for Something

I envy people who are passionate about a certain craft or hobby. Apart from their busy schedule, they're able to squeeze in other things that they love to do.

Take for example the mountain bikers that I see very Saturday morning in San Mateo. I'm sure they have work the whole week and yet they wake up early to bike and hang out with fellow bikers. I'm sure they've also spent a lot on this hobby considering how good their bikes looked and how they had something on thier cards to attach their bikes thereafter. These days I also see a lot of people getting into photography. They carry those high-tech cameras and use different lenses. They even go out-of-town to capture the best photos. Because of these, their shots are really impressive. I also know someone who's into triathlon (or even decathlon) and would join competitions around the country. Imagine the training that he does. One time he showed me his watch and it's 14k pesos worth (if I remember it right). It looked liked a regular digital watch to me but he said it measures his speed as he trains. Aside from that, his bike is worth (or even more) a downpayment for a new car.

What am I passionate about? SLEEPING! I think I'm best at sleeping. Hehehe! Most often than not I am asleep. When others look forward to weekends to hang out with family or friends or to pursue their hobbies, I look forward to weekends to sleep. I know I'm missing out a lot because of my sleepiness (more like laziness) but I'm already used to it. You see, I used to suffer from insomnia and slowly I'm becoming narcoleptic. Not really! It's just that sleeping gives me a certain euphoria. I am happy when I sleep.

I am also passionate about shopping. But let me make it clear that I only shop during mallwide sales. I don't really own anyhting that I bought on it's regular price. It has to be discounted. Whether it's a mall in QC or Makati, Pasig or Mandaluyong. I'm definitely gonna be there. I'm always updated to upcoming mallwide sales and I try as much as I can to be there early. It's a battlefield during mall sales. I have so many clothes, most of which I have worn only once or not at all. Ewan I just enjoy shopping.

I love to dance. I've been dancing since I was a kid and it's something that I really enjoy. I love performance dancing. But these days I am confined to dancing in my own room. I can't rehearse or dance extensively as before due to my slipped disc. If given a chance I'd like to continue dancing, enroll in a dance class or whatever. Dancing is a great exercise and I definitely need to exercise nowadays. Actually I've started scouting some dance studios. I am also interested in doing Capoeira. I have checked out some classes but none of which fit my schedule. It's something new for me and I'm eager to get into it.

Not many people know but I had piano lessons when I was 8 years old. I can read notes and play a little. Amongst all the musical instruments, I show more promise on the piano. I want to continue learning and playing. I have to brush up my skills so I can play on my own. I envy people who are musically-inclined especially those who can play the piano and sing at the same time.

Over all I love music. I have been exposed to different kinds of music. Growing up and spending summers at my Lola's house in Marikina, my cousins and I wake up to standard music on Sunday mornings that my uncle plays. Did you know that one of my favorite songs is "Misty" by Johnny Matthis? My cousins also exposed me to 80s music. Can you blame me if I listen to Friday Magic Madness over at 89.9 or Wave Back Wednesday over at 89.1? I have a wide-range of MP3 music. I listen inside my car and sing at the top of my lungs or gyrate to the music.

I am so passionate about a lot of things which actually equates my passion for life. My hobbies may not be as extreme as others but these are the simple things that I like. I may not be the expert at all of these but I sure do try my best and enjoy the time that I have while doing it.

Sleepiness is attacking again. My most favorite thing to do. Better be hitting the sack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home