rhaychagainstthemachine

Friday, March 09, 2007

Driving on Fridays and Listening to my Music

Friday is always the best day of the week. Fridays mean that I get to rest the next day, my mind away from work. Woohoo!

But one thing I like about Fridays is that I get to listen to old songs on Magic 89.9. You know 80's to late 90's music. I grew up listening to such songs that's why I can almost identify and sing along when I hear them. I can say that eventhough they sound very simple, the lyrics are very meaningful. Almost all of my favorite songs come from this genre and I don't mind if people call me baduy (nyak the term is so 80's). Have you heard U2's With or Without You? Steve Perry's Foolish Heart? Earth, wind and Fire's September? Madonna's Crazy For you? David Pomeranz's Got to Believe in Magic? Apo Hiking Society's When I met You? Joe Jackson's Be my Number Two? Gary Valenciano's Panno? Jam Morales' Even If? Odette Quesada's Friend of Mine? Toto's I'll be Over You? Lou Pardini's What Might Have Been? I could go on and on baby! Whether it is new wave, pop, ballad, etc. I may not know all the song titles and the artists, but I find the songs cool to listen. That's why I enjoy driving on Fridays cause I get to belt out inside my car. I sing at the top of my lungs. Sad to say Teepee is not tinted. Well, I really don't mind. It's my territory and I'm not bothering anyone for that matter. So chill out if you see me shake my head to the beat, tap my hands on the steering wheel and move my lips as if I'm saying something to you (I'm just singing okay. I'm not talking to you!). Listening to music and sometimes singing along work for me. It is very therapeutic especially if my spirit is very low. Sometimes it shocks me that when I turn on the radio, there's actually a song that describes how I feel at that moment. So that's it! I love driving on Fridays and listening to my kind of music.

Have to go, there's another song that I wanna sing. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home