rhaychagainstthemachine

Friday, March 02, 2007

What February Taught Me

Finally, February is over. The shortest month of the year and so far, it had been a difficult 28 days for me. If only I could scream out everything that I felt inside, I would have done it. But that would not be enough. I could probably shout, cry, laugh and then cry again. The burden of the previous month hopefully lightens and give me some relief. I'm keeping my fingers really crossed.

With every emotion that I had gone through back in February, there are a few things that I learned about life and myself. As they say, every experience has its own lesson. Let me share my realizations:
  1. I have my highs and I have my lows. I can't expect everything to be smooth sailing. I can't be under the sun all the time. That would be dangerous! Along the way, waves can get me and drown me. My boat may capsize but I have to keep guard. I always have to have my lifevest (family, real friends) close by.
  2. I am human and I am entitled to my emotions. I'm not as strong as I thought I was.
  3. When things get worse, I have to think of myself first and how I can get out of the situation. I have to stand up for myself and believe that I can make it through.
  4. I shouldn't be too trusting. My vulnerabilty can get me into trouble. I have to see what is beyond the front presented.
  5. People will always assume and talk and judge but as long as I know the truth, that's what matters most.
  6. People who I trust the most can also hurt me the most.
  7. I have to give myself some space to think, reflect and pray.
  8. I deserve to pamper myself without guilt. A good massage does relieve my stress.
  9. My old friends will always be there to support and love me.
  10. I can never have the person I love the most.
  11. But then, I should never lose hope on love. Someone out there loves me true.
  12. I always have to bring my MEDICARD.

As I've said it was a roller coaster. I hope the ride comes into a halt. I need to catch my breath and be ready for what is forth and coming. A new month has just ushered in. I woke up late and barely got to work on time. I lost my voice and felt so tired. I saw my beloved students and hugged them. I went back to my old family , St. Paul, and it was my second home. I pray that March gives me some slack. Please!

P.S.

Best hirit for the month of Feb comes from my cousin:
"T@&* #na, maghahanap ka pa ng pinsan e ang dami na naten!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home