rhaychagainstthemachine

Friday, February 16, 2007

When you're sick, you're doomed (at least in my case)

Who's to blame? I don't know.

I just want to express my disgust over my office's HR department. Well, not all of them but with some. Oh, I so wanna kill some people now!

Yesterday I was rushed from the office to the Medical City because I could not breathe very well. Since I don't have a MEDICARD, the hospital bill was shouldered by Tin and in the evening I paid her back.

Today I was ready to submit my medical certificate and the official receipt of my hospital expenses to our HR department so I can get a reimbursement. I know that the reimbursement is not an overnight thing but at least I'm starting to work on it. We went to HR and the HR personnel wasn't at her post so we were instructed by the guard to wait. Okay! After 15 minutes, she came back and was asking what I need. I told her that I'm submitting my medical cerificate and my hospital bill so I can get reimbursement from MEDICARD. She asked why and I told her that HR, their department, has not given me my 2007 MEDICARD. She was shocked to hear that. She said that cards have been ready for quite some time and asked if I ever got any update on the availability of my card through e-mail. I said "Never!". She looked for my MEDICARD inside a drawer of other cards. Eureka she found my card! Hmmmmm..... She was trying to look up an update on her PC as to when my card came in. She didn't tell us when it was exactly available but she had a puzzled look on her face. As far as my officemates and I know, I don't have a MEDICARD yet. Because the past two months I've been making a follow-up by personally going to their department, but they didn't have it yet. And yesterday, my officemate had called the HR department to check if my MEDICARD is ready because they were going to bring me to the hospital. HR said that it is not yet available and I just need to get all the requirements from the hospital and they will help me get a reimbursement. Okay! That's why I was there to hand over the requirements mentioned. Hmmmmm.... What are the chances that my card just came in on the day that I was brought to the hospital? What are the chances that the card was just in the drawer when my officemate called up yesterday and the freaking personnel did not move her butt up to look for it? But wait, there's more! The HR personnel said that I have to fill out a form and have the attending physician fill it out as well so that the reimbursement from MEDICARD can be reprocessed.
Okay!

So I went to the hospital to look for the doctor who took charge of me so she can fill out the form. She's not on duty and comes only to the hospital on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Okay! What irritates me more is the nurse, who I guess just got out from some nursing school, was just grinning with her friends at ths station when I was talking to her. Okay! Had I not given her the tone, she wouldn't bother getting up to check what the doctor's schedule is. So there was nothing much I could do because no one can sign in behalf of my attending physician. Just some thoughts: What if my attending physician won't be there on Wednesday or Thursday or she changes her schedule for that matter? What if she has to go somewhere else? What if she dies? Who's gonna sign that stupid form?!

Okay, so I'm left with nothing but to hope that the doctor shows up on Wednesday and she can give five minutes of her precious time to fill out the form. It is such a hassle and I am broke!

OKAY! What did I learn from this experience? First, it's not good to get sick especially if you don't have a card. Second, people can be very selfish and heartless at times when you are desperate. Third, people can use their position to power trip without even doing their designated jobs.

Hopefully, we won't know when my card became available and I won't know the person whom my officemate have spoken with and did not check my card on that drawer.

I have to relak, don't be ten coz I mayt colap! I can't be forever mad. I hope what you won't go through what you put me through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home